Herring Hooks Schoolhouse - Clermont Historic Village Museum
Clermont Historic Village Museum
352-593-8496 | 490 West Avenue, Clermont, FL
Herring Hooks Schoolhouse
The Herring Hooks Schoolhouse, the most recent addition to the Village, was dedicated on April 13, 2013. It is a replica of the original 1881 Herring Hooks one room schoolhouse. The original building was located on the east side of US 27, north of SR 50 near Jack's Lake. The building first served as Herring Hooks' Hunting Lodge, until it was appropriated for use as a schoolhouse. Mrs. Thomas J. Hooks was the teacher at Clermont's first school.
This project was made possible by donations and volunteers.
Ms. Ann McFadden Reaves
Lake County - Department of Tourism
Larry & Jeanette Rescoe
Bill & Jane Williamson
Ron & Charles Becker - Becker Funeral Home
Micki Blackburn Nagel
Merideth Nagel, PA
Project Manager - Larry Rescoe
Constructor - Jim Briggs
Furniture Builder - Gene Thomas
Architect - Nick Jones
We also thank Clermont Public Works for all their assistance.